Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I trust you


Father, I am waiting
I need to hear from you
To know that you're approving of what I say and do
Nothing really satisfies like when you speak my name
So tell me that you'll never leave and everything will be okay

In your presence all fear is gone
In your presence, it's where I belong

Father, I'm returning to things I used to do
Somewhere on the journey I think I lost hold of the truth
Nothing really satisfies like when you speak my name
So tell me that you'll never leave and everything will be okay

In your presence all fear is gone
In your presence, it's where I belong

For the first time in my life I'm not sure of what I'm doing or where I'm going. And somehow it's okay. It has terrified me for the past 10 months, but tonight I am leaning on the Father's chest and letting Him carry me. I am so weak. And sometimes I cannot speak. I feel as if I have nothing to say to Him. All I can do is be...and know that He sees me. He sees my heart. He sees my desire to love Him with my whole heart and my longing to be completely sold out to Him. Thank you Jesus that you never turn me away. Thank you Lord that you meet me where I am. Thank you for loving me in my immaturity. You are so full of mercy, Lord. I fall time and time again and you accept me back with open arms every time. Teach me to trust you with my entire being.

Soaring eagle by Gavatron.


Those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you. :)

Ellen said...

Sweet Bethany - I suspect that is the lesson in all this - learning how to trust - how to not fear anything because we "trust" - truly trust. Letting go - of everything; other's expectations, even our own dreams, longings, desires - reputation. Letting go of everything - everything. Sigh...impossible to do in our own strength but very possible when you know - deep down in your "knower" that He CAN be trusted...

I love you...

Anonymous said...

I like your blog : ) I saw the link on facebook and reading just reminds how much I miss you waaa ...haha well, i have a blog now too, your such a trend-setter : )