Saturday, March 28, 2009
I miss you Lord
On days like today, when I become wrapped up in myself, I forget You Lord…and it hurts inside. I think that subconsciously I sometimes search for other things to satisfy me. But at the end of the day I feel so empty. And I know that there is no other lover like You. But I selfishly forget sometimes that you are my first Love. You are the source of my hope and my joy and my strength. I can literally feel the physical and emotional effect of leaving you out of my day. I long to be with you Jesus. My spirit cries out for you even when my mind is on other things. I cannot imagine my life without you Lord. You are constantly drawing me to You. And sometimes it is painful. I suffer the consequences of chasing other lovers. You are the only one who satisfies. I was made for You. Lord. How can anyone not know You? I know that Your heart longs for those who do not know You. Forgive me Lord when I forget your love and your mercy. Lately I have been caught up in your judgment... forgetting your mercy. Your grace and mercy are so great! Your mercies are new every morning. Your love is unfailing. You are so good, God. Father, show me Your ways. I desire to be holy as You are holy. May I live on the brink of eternity! Give me doves’ eyes so that I will not look to the left or to the right. Reveal yourself to me Lord, in a deeper way. Speak to my heart God. Burn away everything in my life that hinders me from You. Let nothing hold me back from my destiny in You.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I miss him too...I hate not spending time with him.
I also miss you...I can't wait to see you.
Post a Comment