What a dreary day... and still a good day after all.
And actually, in a weird kind of way, days like these are kind of nice to have sometimes. Don't get me wrong, sunny days and blue skies I would take any day over a yucky wet day. But, it's almost refreshing to have the rain and the cloudy dark skies. At least, it makes me sleepy. I took a pretty nice nap today. If only these rain drops would turn into snow flakes, then I would be happy!
Well, the Lord continues to bless me with the coolest happenings ever...and I am beginning to feel more and more of His love for me.
Last week... make that Thursday night... I was driving home from my sweetheart's house (aka Christopher's). On the way home I was talking, well, not really out loud but just speaking to the Lord with my heart. You know how sometimes you just have no words to say, but the Lord knows just how you feel? There is no need for words. He knows the depths of my heart and soul...and He loves me beyond measure. I know sometimes it doesn't feel like He's with me at all, but He always shows me especially in times that I need to know it most. OK... back to the story... I'm driving down my street and I begin to pull into my driveway. My lights shined onto a small little something on my sidewalk. As I got closer I realized it was a dove.... sitting all alone in the cold, night air on the cement walkway. She was blinking her eyes at me over and over. Do birds ever sit on the walkway at 11:30 at night when it's freezing outside? No. Right away I wondered if she had injured her wing. I knew I had to save her so I parked my car, grabbed a flash light, and ran down the driveway in anticipation to rescue her. I made it about a foot away from her and she flew away, way high. She was completely fine. No broken wing. Hmmm.... "Okay God, what was this about?"
Well...............
The next day I'm walking around my house thinking, "God, did you show me that dove for a reason?"...."probably not, probably just a strange coincidence"
I sat down at my computer to check my email. I received an email from a dear friend of mine :) ... it was a forwarded message from a friend of hers that is doing an IHOP (that's International House of PRAYER) internship in Kansas City. In her message she talked about Song of Solomon... and how Jesus is our Lover and we are His Beloved. She went on to talk about Jesus telling that maiden that she has "dove's eyes". Doves can only look straight ahead. They cannot look to the left or to the right....
BAM! It hit me!!...like lightning! "GOD!!! I KNEW IT!! I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING ABOUT THAT DOVE YOU SHOWED ME!"
It was almost like the Lord was saying to me, "Keep going straight ahead Bethany. Do not look to the left or to the right. Move with me. I will take you the way you should go..."
"Keep your eyes on Jesus"---this is all I can do. If I take my eyes off of Him, I will surely get lost. I am His beloved and He is mine. He loves me. He loves me. He loves me. I have been seeking Him. I have been longing for Him to speak to me, to show me His heart for me, to show me His heart for His people. All I want is Him. All I need is him. He is my everything. I could not live life without Him.
If only the rest of the world knew this incredible, passionate Lover!!! He yearns for them to come to KNOW Him. He wants to walk with us and talk with us!...He wants us to want Him! He is so jealous for our love. ...the love that we give to so many other things...meaningless things.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Dove's Eyes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh Bethany! I loved the event when you told me about it and now - re-reading it - it thrills my heart again!
Yes, Jesus does know you. He knows you and he loves every part of you deeply! You are His and He is yours...
What an incredible legacy...
Post a Comment