Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, May 1, 2009

What do I want to do? I'll tell you what I want to do...


Wow... I can't believe I'm posting two days in a row!


So I've been thinking a LOT today about what I would love to do. People seem to always ask me "what do you want to do" or "what is it that you like doing?"... and I always come up with some dumb answer.

Well, HERE IS MY ANSWER!...


I LOVE the theater.
I would love to be an actress on Broadway.
I love to sing. And I'm actually pretty good at it... although
most people don't know...since I don't usually sing loudly in front of others.
I love to sing Broadway songs loudly in my house...when no one is around...betcha didn't know.

I LOVE art.
I would love to be a famous artist.
I love to paint.
I feel as though I'm putting down my thoughts and feelings onto the canvas.


I LOVE animals.
I would love to have a farm and have horses and sheep and lots of dogs and cats.
I have loved animals since I was little. When I see an animal in need you can pretty much guarantee that I will do whatever I can to rescue it.

I LOVE exercise.
I would love to be an aerobics instructor.
I would love to help people in the area of wellness and fitness.
I would love to run in marathons... or do triathlons.

I LOVE children.
I want to have several.
One of my biggest dreams is to be a MOM.
I want to be a wife and a mom.
And I think that role doesn't get enough credit.

I LOVE adventure.
I love whitewater rafting.
I love to be outside doing whatever... running, swimming, canoeing, horseback riding, playing sports--volleyball, basketball, (hey, even throwing the football).
I dream of skydiving...but it will take a lot for me to do it.
I want to go scuba diving and snorkeling in the ocean. I love fishing. I love jet-skiing.

I LOVE people.
I have such a compassion from God for others.
I feel like I can just look into someone's eyes and know what they are feeling inside.
I like just hugging people....for a long time.
I can't stand being alone.
I love closeness with others... especially those I truly love.

I LOVE reading.
I love to learn from the authors... such as Corrie Ten Boom, C.S. Lewis, A.W. Tozer, John Eldredge, or Elisabeth Elliot.
I would love to sit down and have coffee with John Eldredge and talk about living life to the fullest just as Jesus said "I came that you might have life and life abundantly". I would love to talk with Elisabeth Elliot and learn from her amazing life-story and of her learning to fully trust in God even though He took her beloved husband away whom she had waited for her whole life.


And finally (and most importantly).... I LOVE Jesus.
Above all my other desires and dreams I want to live my life for Him.
I want to fulfill the great commission... to go into all the world and preach the Gospel.
I want to set the captives free...and heal the sick. I want to bring the love of God to people. All of my talents and desires come from HIM. All I desire is to please Him and bring glory to His name.



There. I've said what I want to do. :) (and there were many left out I'm sure)

THE END



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will do for now....

i love...YOU

and all those things you just mentioned too except for maybe the painting one...haha. but mostly just you. And the Lord, lest anyone be confused. haha

bethany said...

Well I love you so! :)

Thanks for always commenting.

836525 said...

I LOVE IT! And I am right there with you!

Ellen said...

Your post makes me feel better about myself! You have so many things you love - it's hard to pick one! The world wants you to pick one and focus only on that - how do you do that when you love so much?

I pray that the Lord Himself will order your steps so that you experience as much of what you love as possible on this side of eternity - I KNOW that on the other side you will experience it all!

I love you!